July 28, 2014 Leave a comment
This post is a gift to all those people who get a little tetchy when the b-word’s mentioned. BRAND. Why not give it a go when you have a mo, it might help you express who you are, what you do and why you do it. What have you got to lose? Why not take the first step?
It’s what people say, think and feel about you. It’s the impression you make. Think Red Cross and Microsoft what comes to mind?
What’s does brand focus on?
Three main bits:
- Your mission, vision and values.
- Your visual identity (symbols, colours and design).
- Your tone of voice (how you use words to express your organisation’s personality. Think BNP and Green).
How do you create a strong brand?
A start might be to:
- Know who you are, what you do and why you do it. This should come through everything you do whether you’re updating your twitter account or presenting a formal fundraising pitch.
- Be clear about your position and what sets you apart from others.
- Bring your brand alive through words, images and colour.
- Take people on the journey with you by sharing your vision and a common sense of purpose.
- Make sure everyone’s on the same page including people who fund-raise, market, recruit volunteers, campaign and develop policy.
- Be experimental, entertaining and engaging. We like brands that fit in to what’s important to us and what we’re interested in.
If you’ve found this useful, then why take a peek at this.
Please do keep in touch.