- Make campaigning a key discussion in your organisation.
- Understand the impact you want to have as a starting point.
- Keep focused on that objective
- Have a good, strong, clear, memorable strap-line (campaign objective).
- Identify your key stakeholders: the high interest, high influence group.
- Be effective. Always use strategies that are minimum effort, maximum impact.
- Have a clear strategy.
- Prioritise. Being over-ambitious means you spread yourself too thinly which leads to being ineffective.
- Speak to and discuss ideas with lots of people.
- Create coalitions: work with other groups who shared concerns and outcomes.
- Don’t lose sight of direct action and ‘old’ off-line techniques. Don’t necessarily expect to rely on technology and social media for the entire campaign
- Be flexible and willing to adapt where necessary.
- There is no one magic solution.
- Remember the key words: impact, outcomes, influence and effectiveness.
Thanks to @GetInvolvedRDG for funding the event and @RISC_Reading for the excellent venue.
Please do comment on your favourite campaign tip; and follow me @businesses4good to find out more about how to campaign effectively and with impact.